Every year your company plans the strategy for the coming business year.
How long does it take for your company to generate a complete yearly strategy?
The marketing strategy is a crucial part in the company’s strategy and usually takes 6-9 weeks of hard work in big companies.
I’ve found out that many companies need help in building it the right way while maximizing goals and setting clear KPIs.
What I do as part of this service is spending time with you in order to understand how the company works, then applying my experience working with big companies – in order to help you formulate a strategy that will take the marketing department to its best year so far.
I’ve been building successful marketing strategies for international companies for the past 10 years and from what i’ve learned, here are the most important points I use in building a good marketing strategy:
- Start from the “why” – why are you planning this? What are you hoping to achieve and why? (go deep). The answer should motivate you and the company.
- Conduct a thorough competitor’s research. Understand the market and trends and the amounts of money your competitors are spending on their marketing.
- Set goals – continuing the “why” – this should be the motivation for everything. Should be clear and achievable goals. Should take the competitors data and the company’s vision in account.
- Define budget – should be realistic to achieve the goals that were just defined. Budget should be set per department.
- Plan the workflow: which departments will be responsible for which goals.
- Divide the goals, budget and plans into 4 quarters – I recommend that rather than split it evenly, split it a bit lower in the first quarter and increase each quarter gradually.
- Set clear KPIs for each quarter.
- Let the heads of departments plan the actual work per their department giving the goals and budget.
- I recommend creating a bonus plan for the employees. Should be based on performance for over achieving goals.
If after reading this, you feel you can use a push to take your next yearly marketing strategy to a new level, let’s talk.